26' x 28' Carriage Barn
Post and Beam 2-Story Barn
With its classic style and tons of versatility, this quintessential American barn is the most popular post and beam barn we offer. Now is your opportunity to own the 26' x 28' Carriage Barn at a special price.
26' x 28' Carriage Barn Special Package
This two-story post and beam barn is perfect for creating versatile, useable spaces. With a 10' first floor ceiling height, the lower level of the Carriage Barn creates an excellent space for your vehicles, an area for a workshop or even a place for a golf simulator. With a spacious second level, thanks to a 3' knee wall, a 16' Transom Dormer and a steep roof pitch, the upstairs can accommodate a home office, a gym, or even a game room. You can understand why the Carriage Barn is a popular choice with our customers as it offers a fully customizable layout to meet their needs. Click the link below and Get Started with designing your dream Carriage Barn.
10' First Floor Ceiling Height
The 26' x 28' Carriage Barn Special Package comes standard with a 10' first floor ceiling height that creates the perfect space to park large SUVs or tractors. One step inside and you will realize that this is more than just a place to store your vehicles. As you will be moved by the artistry and details from the sweeping arched braces and extra large timbers. The 26' x 28' Carriage Barn is nostalgically beautiful and will leaving a lasting impression on anyone who enters.
16' Transom Dormer
The 26' x 28' Carriage Barn Special Package offers a useable second floor thanks to the 16' transom dormer, 3' high knee wall and cathedral ceiling. What this does is create a very functional room where you can almost walk to the very edge of the room and get the full useable floor space. This makes the space great for a home office, a gym or even as a lounge to watch sports with family and friends.
The Barn Yard manufactures authentic post and beam barns with the most precise mortise and tenon joinery. Exceptionally crafted on our CNC machine, the precise joinery allows our crew to raise the frame efficiently, as every timber is numbered to match the detailed plans.
Get Started with creating your dream Carriage Barn today.
WHY THE BARN YARD?
Our timber frame barns are the real deal: 100% authentic post and beam, from the timber sill all the way up to the roof rafters, with the most intricate and authentic joinery available anywhere. All of our timber frame barns are designed by our in-house architectural designers using advanced 3D design software. The timbers are cut on a CNC timber processor at our shop in Ellington, CT for precision down to the hundredth of an inch. Because of this great precision, our timber frame barns are easy to raise. All pieces are numbered which allows our crew to raise the frame efficiently.
I do have a few observations that really matter for us as the Barn Yard crew was working on site. These observations are 100% positive and are beyond expectations:
1. The crew always started on time or as expected from the commute in from CT
2. The crew worked all day with short breaks as a team
3. They worked as a unit contributing to problems together without any dramas e. g. the unpacking the delivery truck was extraordinary effort and took careful thinking and contributions from each crew member until the job was done which was significantly longer than normal in high summer heat. Once the delivery was done and the driver was released they took a short break to recover and then got straight into final sorting and laydown for the barn raising.
4. The crane was in and out starting on a 7am start as expected.
5. The crew had maybe 3 boards that needed reworking and I was not involved on any of them; the crew did their own QA on the work and it was a real pleasure seeing them create the highest quality on their “own steam.” The pride in their work was obvious from the start. This was all done in the normal steady pace of progress without any dramas.
6. The crew communications as a working unit was impressive. They would be classed as quiet, never chatty and almost never distracted while being professional and polite at all times whenever I made a short but many walk through inspections. They always had a job to do and they were always focused on getting it done with care for their quality, safety and each other.
7. Every day the site was always organized and clean, tools and equipment used properly and at the end of the day a final clean up and all equipment secured. Your assets were never exposure to potential theft or damage. We are completely secluded and yet the crew never took that for granted or took a pass for proper security.
8. The crew’s carpenter skills, to a person, are top quality including their use of equipment, tools and the techniques required at times to work with unique details were obviously performed at the highest level of professional skill.
Your crew is equal to the high quality of the Barn’s engineering, manufacturing innovation and design that will be a proud legacy for us for the next 100 years.
— Tom, East Dennis, Cape Cod, MA
22' x 32' Carriage Barn with 10' Lean-To and 10' Porch Overhang