Saratoga Barn Series
POST & BEAM 1½ STORY CENTER AISLE BARN
Our Saratoga Post & Beam Barn has a timber frame structure that is versatile by design. Floor-to-ceiling posts support the mid-span of the roof rafters and also carry the weight of the full-length center aisle loft. The Saratoga timber frame design is suitable for barns, garages, cabins, and custom homes.
30' - 42' (8' - 12' Lean-To)
24' - 72'
- Sealed Engineered Blueprints for Barn & Foundation
- Authentic Mortise and Tenon Post & Beam Construction
- Eastern White Pine Timber Frame with Finished Planed Surface
- Traditional Wood Joinery with Hardwood Oak Pegs (no Visible Fasteners)
- 6x8 Timber Sills, 8x8 Posts, 8x12 Tie Beams, 4x8 Loft Joists, 8x10 Rafter Plates, 4x8 Arched Braces, 4x4 Siding Nailers
- 11' 2" Plate Height
- 1x8 Kiln Dried Vertical Shiplap Pine Siding & Trim
- 9-12 Roof Pitch
- 4x8 Pine Rafters with Authentic Tongue & Fork Joinery
- 1x8 Kiln Dried Premium T&G Pine V-Groove Loft Flooring & Roof Decking
- Center Aisle Loft
- Timber Stairway to Second Floor (3'-6" Wide)
- 1' Gable and Eave Overhangs
- 30 Year Tamko Architectural Shingles Over Synthetic Underlayment
- Arch Top Gable Vents
- General construction management
- Site work
- Interior finishing
Saratoga Barn Series Models
The Saratoga Barn with its center aisle & floor-to-ceiling interior posts creates a strong structure that is a versatile by design. With a spacious first floor, this barn provides ample space to store vehicles and house your workshop. The second floor loft creates an area that can be used as an office, gym, or a lounge area to relax with family and friends. The Saratoga Barn offers the perfect amount of space and versatility to meet your dreams of owning the perfect event barn, place to store your vintage tractors or car collection, or the ultimate barn for your farm.
11' First Floor Ceiling Height
The Saratoga Barn comes standard with an 11' first floor height that creates the perfect space to park large tractors or SUVs. With our authentic mortise and tenon post & beam construction, you will quickly realize that this is more than just a space to store your vehicles, but art created by talented craftsmen.
Versatile Second Floor Loft
The Saratoga Barn comes standard with a second floor loft that can be used as a home office, gym, or even a lounge space to watch sports with family and friends.
The Barn Yard manufactures authentic post and beam barns with the most precise mortise and tenon joinery. Exceptionally crafted on our CNC machines, the precise joinery allows our crew to raise the frame efficiently, as every timber is numbered to match the detailed plans.
Your Saratoga Barn comes with a weather tight shell built on your foundation. Your built Saratoga Barn does not include electrical, garage door openers, interior finish, cupola & weathervane, painting, or foundation.
Why The Barn Yard?
Our timber frame barns are the real deal: 100% authentic post and beam, from the timber sill all the way up to the roof rafters, with the most intricate and authentic joinery available anywhere. All of our timber frame barns are designed by our in-house designers using advanced 3D design software. The timbers are cut on CNC timber processors at our shop in Ellington, CT for precision down to the hundredth of an inch. Because of this great precision, our timber frame barns are easy to raise. All pieces are numbered which allows our crew to raise the frame efficiently.