The Barn Yard, a 30-year-old construction company specializing in custom homes, garages, barns, and light commercial projects, is searching for carpenters. Our company has built thousands of custom projects in the New England area and continues to grow.
Knowledge of custom residential construction and remodeling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety. Proficient at the following tasks: framing, roofing, siding, hang doors, set windows, layout for stairs and rafters, frame interior and exterior walls, read blueprints, utilize appropriate math skills.
Job requires the ability to perform tasks in all areas and aspects of construction. The aptitude to work with tools, timbers and materials are essential along with the capacity to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet is required.
Commensurate with experience. These full time positions with benefits are open immediately and we look forward to meeting you.
The Barn Yard & Great Country Timber Frames is searching for a full time Construction Project Assistant. Our company has built thousands of custom projects in the New England area and continues to grow. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and a professional and comfortable work environment.
This position provides assistance our Project Management team. You must possess excellent working knowledge of construction management techniques as well as excellent communication and customer service skills.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- supporting sales staff
- meeting with clients and provide a positive experience
- scheduling, managing construction crews,
- Materials Purchasing
- Must be able to help manage multiple projects at once.
- This position will requires 1 year minimum of construction management experience, 2 years minimum hands-on construction experience.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. Able to quickly learn industry as well as customized construction software applications.
- Our interest is in a positive, experienced, thoughtful and energetic construction project assistant to help improve our processes and support our excellent craftspeople.
The Barn Yard & Great Country Timber Frames is searching for a full time Architectural Designer to join an incredible and creative team.
Our company has built thousands of amazing and creative unique projects in the New England area and continues to grow. The candidate will have the opportunity to work in our state of the art design & manufacturing facility. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and a professional and comfortable work environment.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Create 2D & 3D Designs of Custom Homes, Barns, Garages & Commercial Projects.
- Preparing accurate and clear shop drawings for actual construction use.
- Determine design requirements based on local and international building codes.
- Preform (Desire to learn) simple structural analysis of building components to be overseen by Licensed Engineer.
- Positive & Proactive attitude working with the vast teams that make up TBY &GCTF
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage time wisely
- Professional and personable communications with clients and project team.
- Must have the ability to communicate with architects and clients alike.
- Experience required in various Design Software Applications.
- Hands-on construction experience preferred.
- A passion and enthusiasm for your work and a desire to grow professionally
- Reliable transportation, telecommuting not available.
- Health & Dental Ins, 401(k), Vacation & Sick Time, Holidays
The Barn Yard and Great Country Timber Frames, a 30-year-old construction company specializing in sheds, post & beam barns, garages, and light commercial projects is searching for a sales representative at our Bethel, CT location. Our company has built & delivered thousands of sheds and custom projects in the New England area and continues to grow.
- Present, promote and sell products to existing and prospective customers
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through web inquires and other avenues
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Minimum 2-3 year’s work experience as a sales representative
- Must possess knowledge with the construction industry
- Comfortable with MS Office products
- Familiarity with CRM platforms
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Maintaining showrooms to optimize visual appearance as well as light receiving activities
- Able to work both independently as well as work in a team environment
- BS/BA degree or equivalent (Preferred not Required)
The Barn Yard, a 30 year old construction, manufacturing and retail shed company has a Part time position open to assist our delivery coordinator in our sales showroom in Ellington, Ct.
Applicant must be organized, energetic, proficient with MS Office products, and possess exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Assist Delivery Coordinator with:
- Driver Routes and Permitting
- Customer confirmation correspondence & collections
- Answering phones & dispatch calls according to our sales system
- Assist customers with general sales or service inquiries
- General Administrative Duties
- Special Projects
Job Type: Part-time 20-25 hours/week including Saturdays
- Office Assistant: 2+ years
- Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Associates Degree Preferred