The timber frame for the CNC barn addition in Tolland, CT is loaded with incredible joinery detail and unique features. In this blog post, we’ll explore the frame through photos from inside and out, wide shot and closeup, as well as provide details all about the project.
Click each photo for a close-up.
- This is a barn addition to the most iconic barn in Tolland (CNC Barn)
- CNC software is the headquarters for Mastercam software. This is the worldwide leader for CAD-CAM software.
- New barn addition is being built so company can expand their woodworking CNC capabilities
- New timber frame barn is cut on a CNC at our state of the art facility! (how fitting)
- Original barn built in 1800’s
- Special consideration made to match joinery, details, and timber framing style of existing barn
- Extensive excavation and concrete work was required to not disturb laid-up stone foundation of existing barn
- Barn is three levels (tractor barn below, workshop main level, office third level)
- Barn will be fully insulated with SIP panels
- Eastern white pine frame
- Design is based on our Carriage Barn model.
- Features construction of conventional framing (lower level), steel framing (floor support girders), timber framing (upper levels).
- Engineered & designed in-house
- 22' x 32' with 10' lean-to
- 5' x 16' cantilever deck with pressure treated gluelam girders and IPE decking, custom stainless steel railings
- Two douglas fir key beams for clear spans
- Other special joinery details including scarf joints, maple spline joinery, dovetail joinery, wedged anchor beam joinery, etc.
- Features transom dormer with awning windows
- Southern yellow pine workshop floor
- Andersen A-series windows & doors
- Custom Spanish cedar overhead doors
- Stone veneer to match existing barn foundation
- Barn will feature full bathroom with tile shower
If the timber frame is already this nice, can you imagine how nice the finished barn will be? Stay tuned to this blog for the finished pictures of this beautiful barn, with intricate details, quality workmanship, and authenticity everywhere you look.
Learn more about The Barn Yard’s post and beam barns »