Our crew of timber framers raised the frame for the new CNC barn addition in Tolland, CT. Many features make this 32' x 32' Post & Beam Carriage Barn unique, including key beams and a transom dormer, not to mention being an addition to the most iconic barn in Tolland, CT.
We’re honored to be constructing the addition to this well-known barn in Tolland, CT on the CNC Software grounds. Special consideration has been made to match the joinery, details, and timber framing style of the existing 1800s barn.
Click each photo for a close-up.
Timber framing an addition to a red barn on a warm summer day in New England...what could be better?
Features of the CNC barn addition
- 22' x 32' with 10' Lean-To
- Cut on a CNC at our state of the art facility
- Barn is 3 levels (tractor barn below, workshop main level, office third level)
- Barn will be fully insulated with SIP panels
- Eastern white pine frame
- Design based on our Carriage Barn model
- Engineered & designed in-house
- 5' x 16' cantilever deck with pressure treated gluelam girders and IPE decking
- Douglas fir key beams for clear spans
- Special joinery details: wedged scarf joints, maple spline joinery, dovetail joinery, dutch wedged anchor beam joinery
- Transom dormer with awning windows
- Southern yellow pine workshop floor
- Barn will feature a full bathroom upstairs with tile shower
- We’ll get into more detail in a future blog post!
It will be a beautiful building when it’s all done, perfectly tying into the existing 1800s barn, with features and aesthetic complimenting the style of the original.
Stay tuned for the next blog post, where you’ll get to see the finished timber frame and examine many of the unique features up close.
We hope you’re as excited about barns as we are! This is what we love to do. Learn more about our post & beam barns »