We offer all our post & beam barns as timber frame kits. This particular center aisle Saratoga barn was purchased as a kit, and our timber frame crew helped raise the frame for the customer in NH.
36' x 36' Saratoga Post & Beam 1½ Story Center Aisle Barn Kit
- Hemlock timber frame with finished planed surface (3 bays)
- 10' x 36' lean-to roof overhang
- Designed for 70lb. snow load for New Hampshire - 8x12 rafter plates, 4x10 rafters
- Saratoga with 2' knee wall above second floor for added loft space
- 12' gable dormer with bow top window and authentic dove tail joinery
- One taller bay to accommodate 13' door for RV
- Cow catcher gable peak with faux ridge beam
- (7) 12' x 12' floor modules on second floor (one raised for RV)
- Timber frame kit completely raised in 10 hours
The process for buying a timber frame kit is similar to that of a complete building. The frame is designed with the finished building in mind, just as it would be if we were building the whole structure. We work with the customer to get the frame design just right, and we provide 3D renderings of the frame to help the customer visualize the end product. Then, the frame is cut on our state of the art CNC machine, ensuring that the joinery is 100% perfect.
Because we use a CNC machine to prepare all the joinery to the hundredth of an inch, everything fits together perfectly on raising day.
From there, we ship the kit to the customer. They can employ a local contractor to help raise the frame, or have our timber frame crew on site for an additional charge.