It’s that time of year when everyone starts thinking about (and hopefully going) to the gym. This homeowner turned the upstairs of their Newport 1 ½ story garage into a home gym. Now going to the gym is as easy as walking upstairs in the garage. Read on for more garage home gym design ideas.
Garage + Home Gym Features
- 22' x 24' Newport-style 1 ½ Story Garage
- 2x6 Wall Construction, 16" On Center First Floor
- 8' 6" First Floor Wall Height
- Cedar Clapboard Siding (4" Exposure)
- 24' Clear Span Steel Beam Requiring No Interior Columns
- 16' Shed Dormer with (2) Harvey 2'2" x 3'2" Vinyl Insulated Double Hung Windows
- 14' x 24' Upstairs Floor Space with 8' Peak Ceiling Height
- (2) 8' x 7'6" Pine Hinged Barn Doors
- (1) 6' x 7'6" Pine Split Sliding Barn Door
- (4) 2'2" x 4' Harvey Vinyl Insulated Double Hung Windows with Transoms Above (Front & Rear Gable Ends)
This homeowner did a tremendous job finishing the upstairs of their Newport 1 ½ story garage into a home gym. The addition of the 16' shed dormer adds a lot of space for equipment & exercise space. A total of 14' x 24' floor space is available for the gym with 8' peak ceiling height. Insulated double hung windows banked together with transoms above on the front and rear gable ends flood the gym with inspiring natural light.
Want to learn more about our custom garages, including our popular Newport A-Frame 1 ½ Story Garage, which you can customize into the perfect space for you? Browse our website, then contact us to get started. We look forward to working with you.